1. The entries are submitted via the Viope World e-learning platform before the closing date.
2. The game cannot already have been published before the year 2017.
3. When submitting your game, at least the following will be required:
- A working build of the game. Alternatively, for games released on platforms such as Steam, 4 keys, codes or coupons can be provided instead
- Video showcasing gameplay material of the game
- 4 Screenshots of the game
- A document describing basic information of the game (name, short description, number of players etc.) and how to install and run the game.
4. The team owns full rights to their game. The organizers reserve the right to use images, video and text material from the game and entry submission for the purposes of marketing the competition and the games.
5. The game must be able to run on a Windows, Mac, portable device or internet browser either natively or via emulation. In the case of physical games, A copy must be brought to the jury during the finals.
6. Teams can submit a game using existing technologies such as engines, frameworks and models. Teams must own full right to use those technologies.
7. Teams can submit a game using existing content and materials. Teams must own full rights to use those assets.
8. Teams must ensure that their games do not break the Finnish law.
9. Any breach of rules 3.6 , 3.7 and 3.8 will disqualify the team.
10. The organizers reserve the right to make changes to these rules as necessary.
The games will be judged based on the following three aspects.
- FUN: Is the game fun to play and able to keep a player interested? Are the objectives of the game easy to understand?
- FEEL: Is the artstyle of the game consistent with the gameplay? Do the controls for the game feel right? Does the game run welll?
- NOVELTY: Is the game an entirely new concept, or does it combine old ideas in new, interesting ways? Does it stand out from other games of it’s genre?